How To Hide Washer And Dryer In Kitchen: Did you know that you can quickly and effectively hide your washer and dryer in a single cabinet? Yes, it’s true.
Most professional kitchen designers, renovators, and builders use this nifty little trick to save space, increase storage and organize the area around your washer and dryer.
Hiding your washer and dryer in a cabinet is a brilliant idea.
- 1 Here’s How to Hide the Washer and Dryer in Kitchen.
- 2 Importance of Hiding Washer And Dryer
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Here’s How to Hide the Washer and Dryer in Kitchen.
Here are some tips and ideas to hide the washer and dryer in your kitchen:
- Find some space in your laundry room or utility room (where you intend to install the cabinet) for a wardrobe that’s about 4-6 inches wider than your washer and dryer. You can use a standard size for this but measure carefully before you go shopping if you have a larger unit.
- Buy an unfinished cabinet from a home improvement store.
- Cut the cabinet to fit between the washer and dryer with about 2 inches on each side of the washer and dryer for ventilation purposes. You may have to cut through several layers of sheetrock or plaster to do this, so be prepared for that extra step when you begin measuring.
- Install the cabinet – check with a professional if you need help with this step – then install drawers on one side of it (you can also install cabinets on both sides).
- Add doors to the other side of the cabinet, again using drawers and cabinets if you like (this is optional). The doors should be at least 8 inches wide to blend in with your other kitchen cabinets.
- Hide the washer and dryer in the cabinet. They should fit easily in there, but if they’re too big, you can always take off the top of the washer and dryer to make them smaller.
- Put some shelves or drawers below the bottom of the cabinet to create extra storage space for other things like detergent or cleaning supplies.
- You can also put a small trash bin or recycling bin there for convenience if you prefer to walk over to your kitchen wastebasket every time you need to throw something away.
Importance of Hiding Washer And Dryer
Here are some excellent reasons why you should consider this.
You’ll Save Space
Did you know that you can quickly and effectively hide your washer and dryer in a single cabinet? Yes, it’s true. Most professional kitchen designers, renovators, and builders use this nifty little trick to save space, increase storage and organize the area around your washer and dryer.
Hiding your washer and dryer in a cabinet is a brilliant idea. Here are some excellent reasons why you should consider this.
You’ll Have Easy Access to Your Laundry.
One of the best things about having your washer and dryer in a single cabinet is that it allows quick and easy access to your laundry.
Since all of your laundry will be contained in a single cabinet, you won’t have to take anything out to get to your clean clothes.
This will save you time and energy, which will allow you to spend more time on the things that matter to you.
You’ll Have a Great Organization.
If you’re looking for excellent organization, hiding your washer and dryer in a cabinet is a great idea.
Most professional designers, builders, and renovators use this trick to keep their washer and dryer out of sight but within easy reach.
By putting your washer and dryer in a kitchen cabinet, you’ll be able to keep all of your laundry supplies neatly contained in one place. This means that you’ll have less clutter in your kitchen, which will make it look much cleaner.
You’ll Be Able To Customize The Space.
One of the best things about this hack is that it gives you total control over the space in your kitchen.
Since all of your cabinets can be moved around, you’ll be able to customize the space to fit your family’s needs. You can keep your washer and dryer out or tuck them away out of sight. It’s entirely up to you.
It Looks Good
Having your washer and dryer in a cabinet is a great way to make your kitchen look stylish.
This is especially true if you use decorative doors on the cabinet instead of just basic ones (you can find these in any home improvement store). If you do this, your washer and dryer will be completely hidden in the cabinet, which will make it look very sleek.
It’s Easy to Clean
Having your washer and dryer in a cabinet makes it easy to keep them clean.
Since the cabinet will be made of wood, you’ll be able to use a damp rag or cloth to wipe away any dirt or grime that has accumulated.
This is much easier than scrubbing an appliance like a washer or dryer.
You’ll Save Money on Your Utility Bills.
Hiding your washer and dryer out of sight is a great to save money on your utility bills. Since you won’t see them, you won’t be tempted to run them as often.
This means that you’ll be able to cut down on the amount of energy you use, which will help you save some money on your bills.
How Much Space Do I Need?
You’ll want to make sure that you have enough space in your cabinet to fit both the washer and dryer. Most cabinets are about 36” wide, so you should be able to provide a standard-sized washer and dryer with ease.
If you’re planning on tucking your washer and dryer away, it’s best to have at least 36” of clearance from the front of the cabinet to the back of the wall.
This will give you enough room for your washer or dryer to slide into the cabinet.
What Kind of Doors Should I Get?
Decorative doors are an excellent idea for this hack because they can help make your kitchen look stylish. You can buy these online or at any home improvement store. Try to choose a door with an exciting pattern but one that will still look good with your kitchen décor.
You don’t necessarily have to get doors that match your cabinets, but it might be easier if they do match. If you want a more dramatic effect, try getting solid white or black (so they won’t clash with your cabinets) and then painting them to match your kitchen.
Hiding your washer and dryer is a great design idea to help you make the most of your space. If you have kids or a large family, this is an excellent option.