Your bathroom sink is probably one of the dirtiest places in your home. After all, it’s where you do your dirty deed. It’s also a place that tends to accumulate a lot of germs. So, when it comes time to clean your bathroom sink, the task can be pretty daunting.
Your first inclination might be to reach for the bathroom cleaning products you usually use. However, that’s not always the best course of action. Instead, try some of these homemade cleaning solutions for your bathroom sink.
They’re guaranteed to leave your bathroom sink looking brand new.
Make Your Bathroom Cleaner
Most of us don’t clean our bathrooms as often as possible. This is because cleaning isn’t always the most appealing task. While we all like to keep our bathrooms clean, nobody wants to clean them themselves.
This is why many people make the mistake of assuming that their bathroom cleaning duties are done. However, the truth is that your bathroom cleaning is only half done.
It would help clean your bathroom thoroughly to leave it in tip-top shape. If you’d like to learn how to clean a bathroom sink and keep it looking brand new, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ll be discussing how to clean a bathroom sink properly, and, in the meantime, we’ll be sharing some easy DIY bathroom cleaner recipes that you can use to get started.
So, let’s get started!
If you’ve been struggling to develop an effective and cheap bathroom cleaning recipe, this one is for you! So far as bathroom cleaner goes, essential oils are king.
They can clean just about anything and leave behind a nice scent. If you’re looking for a way to make your bathroom cleaner, you need some water, an essential oil, and a glass cleaner.
Here’s how to do it.
- Add 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil to a glass of water.
- Mix the solution thoroughly and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wipe down your bathroom sink with a cleaning rag and glass cleaner.
- That’s it! You just made your bathroom cleaner that’s guaranteed to get rid of dirt, bacteria, and grim.
Baking soda is a safe, natural, and effective way to clean surfaces.
And, it also happens to be one of the cheapest cleaning agents around. You can use it to clean your bathroom, kitchen, floors, counters, and even your car!
If you’re looking for a bathroom sink cleaning recipe that doesn’t involve harsh chemicals, baking soda is the way to go. It’s also anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and safe for all surfaces.
Here’s how to use baking soda for bathroom sink cleaning.
- Mix baking soda and water in a bowl or bucket until thoroughly wet the baking soda.
- Scrub the baking soda solution onto the bathroom sink until it starts to foam.
- Use a clean cloth to buff the baking soda solution off the bathroom sink.
You may add Clorox to the Mix
Clorox makes various products for cleaning; one of them is the all-purpose cleaner. This popular cleaning product can clean just about any stain or mess you can think of.
One of the best things about it is that it’s also bleach-free. This means that it’s safe to use on your bathroom sink and won’t damage it.
Here’s how to use Clorox for bathroom sink cleaning.
- Mix one part Clorox with three parts water in a bowl or bucket until the Clorox is dissolved.
- Use a clean cloth to scrub the Clorox solution onto the bathroom sink.
- Use a clean cloth to buff the Clorox solution off the bathroom sink.
Try Hot Water and a Cloth
This is one of my favorite natural bathroom sink cleaning recipes.
It’s cheap, it’s simple, and it’s effective. Hot water can break down dirt and grime on a bathroom sink, and a little bit of elbow grease is all you need to get the job done.
Here’s how to use hot water for bathroom sink cleaning.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the bathroom sink clean with hot water.
- Dry the bathroom sink with a clean cloth.
Using Lemon Juice
Lemon juice might not be something you think about for cleaning your home, but it works great for getting rid of rust stains on your faucets and sinks.
Lemon juice also works well when combined with vinegar or baking soda. It’s even better when you use lemons freshly picked from your backyard!
Here’s how to use lemon juice for bathroom sink cleaning.
- Rub a lemon wedge onto any rust spots on your faucet or bathroom sink until they disappear completely. Depending on how severe the rust stain is, you might have to rub hard, but the lemon will do all the work for you!
- Be sure not to use lemon juice if your bathroom sink is metal. The acid in the lemon juice will cause the metal to rust.
- Mix one part lemon juice with two parts water in a bowl or bucket until the lemon juice is thoroughly dissolved.
- Scrub the mixture onto your bathroom sink with a clean cloth.
- Use a clean cloth to buff the mixture off your bathroom sink.
Your Microwave Can Help
If you’ve been struggling to develop a cheap, easy, and effective bathroom sink cleaning recipe, your microwave might be the solution you’ve been looking for. You see, microwaves can pull double duty as a cleaner.
In addition to heating water, they also have a perfect cleaning mode for hard-to-reach and grimy areas like your bathroom sink.
Here’s how to use your microwave for bathroom sink cleaning.
Wet a sponge or rag with water and place it in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl inside the microwave for about two minutes.
- Allow the water to boil.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, wipe down the bathroom sink, and then allow it to dry completely.
The Bottom Line
Cleaning your bathroom sink doesn’t have to be a hassle, but it does take a little bit of elbow grease. However, if you use the tips and tricks listed above, you’ll be able to get your bathroom sink clean in no time at all.